Technischer Neubau St. Laurentius Oberollendorf

Technical rebuilding
of the organ for the
Catholic parish church
St. Laurentius in Oberdollendorf

Stop list

A new organ will be built for St. Laurentius in 2017 using the pipe inventory of the predecessor instrument by E. F. Walcker from 1901. Further modifications were carried out on the organ in 1949 and 1975.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Organ consecration on May 6th, 2018 with the church choirs of Oberdollendorf and Königswinter under the overall direction of Peter Dicke and Wayne Marshall at the organ

 


 

 

New Great Pipe Organ for the Benedictine Abbey Tholey

... using the historic organ case from the 18th century and large parts of the former stops. The instrument will receive 42 stops, 3 manuals and pedal.

The historic organ case of the Great will be placed on the original former floor level about 85 cm lower and it will be pushed about 50 cm closer to the front case.

Completion August 2020




Arbeiten in der Werkstatt




Montage in Tholey


 



 

Mayer-Orgel in GranollersOrgan of the Basilika in St. Kastor in Koblenz

Stop list

IV/P/53
Opus 430
Year of construction 2014

Mechanical and electrical key action
Electrical stop action
Combined BUS-System with combination system and Touchscreen-control
Freely selectable coupler system  and Midi-controller
Recording and Replay Function
Organ case: oak, white stained

 

 

The culturally and historically important basilica of St. Kastor in Koblenz will receive a new pipe organ appropriate for the dignity of its church ambience. The concept of this instrument is a symbiosis of contemporary architecture and the tradition of organ building of over a thousand years.

The design of the organ case stems from the pen of Prof. Ulrich Hahn of the renowned architect office Hahn & Helten of Aachen. Prof. Hahn in cooperation with organ builder Stephan Mayer found it very important to choose the organ proportions in a way that they would not disturb the balance of the church interior architecture and would also maintain the musical and design necessities of organ construction.

The new organ has 4 keyboard sections with a tone volume of 58 notes each and a pedal section with a tone volume of 32 notes. The instrument has 52 stop ranges, distributing into 44 resounding stops with self-sufficient pipe rows, 7 stop pulls and 1 pedal transmission. The stop pulls have 12 pipes each, all other notes are borrowed from the stops of the pedal section. The transmission is a technical fixture which enables the use of the praestant 16’ pipes from the main section without using couplers with the pedals, as well.

The concept of an organ this size with 4 keyboards is very rare. This way, the organist has a very large spectrum of playing options at his disposal to design their musical performance for worship services and concerts at the same token.

Sound-wise the new instrument is oriented at the type of the „symphonic organ“. This means that the organ sound is mainly orchestral: Blending sounds and expressive dynamics portray this organ type. However, with the intonation of the new organ it is equally important to have pronounced individual tone characteristics, as mere sound amplification means a significant impediment of sound diversity.

The pipe section of the organ consists in a total of 3,679 individual pipes. 298 of them are made of mainly oak and fir wood. The metal pipes are made of a tin-lead alloy. 172 of them have a tin content of 82%, 2.763 75% and 446 contain 40% tin. The different pipe materials serve to characterize the sound of the individual stops simply by the choice of materials. The largest organ pipe is visible in the prospectus: it is the C of the stop Principal Bass 16‘ with a total length of 6 m. The smallest pipe is in the register Cymbel III 1‘ with a length of only 5 mm. The deepest note of the organ is the C of the Untersatz 32‘ with a frequency of 16 Hz. This tone level is at the very bottom of the human hearing range. The first 12 pipes of this pedal register are housed in a separate chamber under the attic of the northern Obergarden. The sound gets into the church interior through 2 openings in the northern wall of the main nave to the right of the organ.

The organ casing is made of select oak wood. Natural drying over many years enhances this timber with an extraordinary resilience to seasonal variations. The wood surfaces are glazed in white, which reduces the natural darkening process of the oak wood and imparts an optical lightness to the organ prospect, despite its imposing size, measuring 9 m in width, 7.95 m in height and 2.6 m in depth.

Even though the new organ is based on the mechanical engineering of traditional pipe organ building, it also has very modern electrical playing aids which make the wide-ranging operation of such an instrument considerably easier for the organist. Part of this is a setting section which is operated using a touch screen at the keyboard. The organist can store many different stop combinations required to play different musical pieces in a computer and select them later at the push of a button. Another highlight of the organ is the built-in recording and replay function. This allows the recording of e.g. the play of a concert organist, i.e. the computer will record all functions and stop choices they used, from note sequences up to the control of the swell shutters. This precise recording will be available at your fingertips any time afterwards.

These are only a few reasons why the new organ at St. Kastor’s is a locally and transregionally unique instrument.

 

New organ for the
Catholic Church St. Nicholas
of Tolentino in Rösrath
– II/24/P



 

Festliche Orgelweihe und 1. Orgelkonzert am 9. September 2016


 

Vervollständigung des Schnitzwerkes der Orgel

The missing side carvings on the organ case of the main work and pedal were reconstructed using the original carving on the Rückpositiv and carved again by hand. Now the organ works shine again in all its glory!



Disposition

The new organ for the Luther Church in Berlin-Spandau

The large Protestant church was built from 1895 to 1896 according to the plans of Eugen Fritsche as a three-aisled hall church with three bays. As early as the 1970s, the church proved to be too big for the ever-smaller congregation. After all, it took another 20 years until 1994 - 1997 a project according to the plans and under the leadership of the architect Dr. Dieter Ketterer could be realized: in the two rear yokes of the church 9 apartments, spread over 3 levels, were built. Great importance was attached to maintaining the structural space-defining elements of the church interior. Today's church service area is formed by the chancel and the 3rd church yoke.

The draft of the organ prospect comes from the architect Dr. Dieter Ketterer in collaboration with master organ builder Stephan Mayer. It is a stroke of luck when the architect, who has significantly shaped the current appearance of the church, can help design the organ.

The new organ has 2 manuals with a range of 58 notes each and a pedal with a range of 32 notes. The instrument has 28 register plays, which are divided into 27 sounding registers with separate rows of pipes and a trigger.

The disposition goes back to a sound design by Mr. Michael Reichert. It embodies the sound style of the Alsatian organ reform, which was essentially influenced by the great Dr. Albert Schweitzer was coined. The possibility of interpreting “new music” is also taken into account, in particular by installing an electronic wind throttle.

 

Stop list




Assembling the organ (First week)



Assembling the organ
(Second week)



Organ intonation